Aquatica is one of many water parks located in the Orlando area. Other water parks include Wet n Wild, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. However we only visited Aquatica as it was situated next to our hotel, the Double Tree by Hilton by Seaworld. This made it very handy for us to visit and was ideal when we wanted a day of from walking round the other parks.
|The 'Walkabout Waters' attraction was very popular with younger children.|
All of the rides have names, some of the most popular are:
- Dolphin Plunge - This ride is the most popular in Aquatica. You speed through a tube and into a pool of black and white dolphins, that often race alongside you as you shoot through the clear tube.
- Taumata Racer - A very popular ride for those looking for the ultimate thrill. You lay on a mat as you race head first down a steep hill with eight other people.
- Tassie's Twisters - As you lay on an inflatable ring you travel through a fast tube while spinning around, before being thrown out into the Lazy River. A real fun ride.
- Roa' Rapids - As the name suggests, you wind your way through a river of white water, experiencing geysers, waves and high tides as you go.
- Walkabout Waters - A very popular attraction with younger children. There is so much fun to be had in Walkabout Waters, as there is so much to do whilst exploring the giant play area.
- Omaka Rocka - Another ride with high speed tubes where the rides splash and slide every which way as they climb the walls.
- Whanau Way - Choose from four different slides as you speed down on the double inner tube inflatables hanging on for deal life.
- Loggerhead Lane - Climb aboard the single or double inflatables for a relaxing ride down the lazy river and past an aquarium with dolphins and tropical fish.
- Cutback Cove - A great place to relax on the sandy beach or catch the waves at Big Surf Shore.